Stuff you already knew:

My photo
I'm no mind reader. Insert your own thought here. Though I'd guess you know how to breathe, some math, and about cottage cheese.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Return of the King.

OK. So here's an awesome story:

A king, from ancient lineage, springs up from nowhere. For years, he had been protecting and defending his kingdom in secret, and as such, was older than most. His coming had been told among stories for years by those who knew them, but few people believed in the olden stories anymore.

Then "BAM!", out of legend, he springs to life.

Bearing an ancient sword once broken, but now remade, he comes from out of the shadows to strive for mastery. Wielding shining blade, and commanding an army of the dead, he goes to war with the kingdom of darkness. Eventually, he wins, and welcomes a new kingdom of prosperity and joy. <3

Pretty cool, huh? It's one of my favorites. Gives you that "epic" feel. And it's familiar to you, I'm sure. Actually...I pulled that straight from...Revelation?!

OK. So some of that was from other parts of the bible too. And I did my best to make it sound like Tolkien. Because he allegoried'd it in a manner so fine.

But it's surprising to me how many people scream the apocalypse is coming, spread fear, and yet miss the entire point. Then again, I live amongst Baptists. :D

Revelation isn't literature about the apocalypse; it's the story of the culmination of a story. The final chapter of the greatest story ever told, in other words. And it doesn't end in flame and brimstone, as so many seem to infer. It ends in shining light, glory abounding, and stuff I can't even wrap my mind around. A fairytale ending. How great is that?

True, death will abound. It's the King fighting for His kingdom, after all. Enemies won't be left alive to regain strength; they're to be destroyed. Forever. And calamities that, at times, strike fear into my heart will break fourth from the vials of God's wrath and be poured onto this planet. Scary.

But those throughout history who have given their lives for Christ, those who have loved Him, those who choose to make an enemy of this world, those who serve the King, will rise and live forever in joy. That "army of the dead" I was talking aboot.

Which is dirty EPIC. XD

I wonder if I'll have died by then...I dunno. Maybe not. Don't think it matters. Either way, I expect it'll blow my mind. The herald of the King will shout, sound a note that will speak to all hearts, either with joy or terror, and those who serve will rise form the grave to kneel at the feet of the Forever King.

Best ending ever? Oh yes, I think so. Even the music is taken care of!

So here's to getting a clear understanding of Revelation. And looking forward to the battle of Armageddon. That may just be me, though...The idea of being an undead warrior has always appealed to me, even though it'll only be for a short time. An undead servant of the King is just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment