Stuff you already knew:

My photo
I'm no mind reader. Insert your own thought here. Though I'd guess you know how to breathe, some math, and about cottage cheese.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Agitar bein!

Words of advice to follow all your life.

It's the Spanish words under "shake well" on my juice box. I'm assuming it means something similar, though who honestly knows? I often wonder if it says something else...

Yes. I'm drinking a juice box. Or carton. 64 ounces of allegedly passion fruit flavored juice. One wonders who I, inept at love, can so enjoy something called "passion fruit". Not that passion=love. It was just a joke.

Love would be a good thing to post on sometime. But I'll leave that hanging in the air in some ominous fashion. Sword of Damocles, and all.

This post is shaping up to be something seemingly written under the influence of something. I promise I'm not. It's not even the weekend.

Can someone explain to me how I can continue to enjoy a game that literally terrifies me? We're not talking weeping on the floor for my mommy terror, more "wake up screaming in terror", terror. It's caused dreams that woke me up in fear, only unable to go back to sleep.

And yet I like it. The Resident evil games have given me dreams, but honestly, waking up inside a monster filled mansion or mall of terror is a dream, not a nightmare. Many other "nightmare" monsters have appeared in my dreams, and except for a zombie cat, I enjoyed all of them.

I will not speak to you of the zombie cat.

Once, I was Leon Kennedy fighting of one of those giant monsters in RE4 with only a knife. That was cool. Gordon Freemen vs headcrab zombies? Equally cool. Trapped inside of a mall with flaming explosions and a zombie horde? Coolness over 9...nevermind.

But this particular game is none of those. And, oddly, I've never even seen that zombie movie with the mall.

The idea of being trapped underground with unknown horror's, no weapons, and pitch darkness is frightening enough. But add my twisted mind + sugar + whatever weird junk I ate before bed = nightmares that were mind numbingly terrifying.

On the mirror side of things, even the best dream is far more terrifying than any nightmare I've ever had.

The game would be the Penumbra series, and for the record, they're only freakish. All fear inspired thus is from my own dreams.

I recommend the games. Try the demo.

1 comment: