Stuff you already knew:

My photo
I'm no mind reader. Insert your own thought here. Though I'd guess you know how to breathe, some math, and about cottage cheese.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

An unorthodox philosophical point learned through great pain.

Odd title? Odd post. I won't lie to you, I'm about to show off some of my inner insanity...And inner twelve year old.

So...my aunt has cancer in her foot. They're operating on it today, and we're going to head up to the hospital for comfort and support. We have to leave in three and a half hours...and I've not gone to sleep yet. I can't. All because of...a gas bubble in my gut. XD

It's rather funny, really. Though the fact that my stomach is swelling up like a balloon and pressing against my back, stomach and internal organs is rather cool.

Or, one of those nasty movie moments where the alien busts out of my gut is about to happen. "Busting a gut" has new connotations.

Either way, I got to thinking (always dangeresque): It's all my fault, really. I accidentally added about two and a half tablespoons of Savinas pepper, a wicked seasoning far, FAR, hotter than your normal red pepper. The stuff clotted and poured out onto the raw beef on it's own...meh.

So. The cause of my pain, is my own self. I cooked the meat, I ate it. No one else is to blame. I am my own worst enemy. I could've made a sammich. XD I've had stomach issues for the two days since I've eaten it.

So, there's one point. The one person who causes us to fall is our own selves. Others can toss temptation our way (my sister actually bought me the pepper) but I choose to use it and eat it. Er, I choose to give in to temptation, and suffer the consequences. Jesus saved me (and you) from the ultimate punishment for our sins by His blood, but we still face the consequences of our choices on this planet.

So that's point one. Point two is...more uncomfortable. In several ways.

I'd rather be punched in the stomach than have it explode from the inside out, as it currently is. Why? Punch pain fades rather quickly. This will too eventually, but it lasts longer.

There's also a few other...less painful, more nasty side effects. I promise I won't illuminate. You can guess. But it works that way in life too. The sins we commit do not just have a large effect, but "smaller" ones too. Like a pebble tossed into apond grows into larger rings.

So...it appears that the nastiest things come from inside us, not outside. You can punch me in the face, it'll hurt, but it'll fade. I can even block it. But the stuff in my own innards? Not so much. That comes from my own heart, and that's where evil comes from. It's not what goes into me that matters, but what comes out. I can spread anger, filth, or foulness from my heart. Or, with God, I can spread love, joy, and laughter.

The things inside us can hurt others too. In more than the obvious ways in this case. :D Hatred in my heart can lead to murder, covetousness to theft, ETC.

I told you it was unorthodox. To say the least. XD But a valid point, I deem. At least to the 12-15 year old males who would find it as funny as I do. Like when the wise old monkey in the Lion King smacked Simba in the face. That was funny, but also taught him a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment